Piqnique concept has won the first place of the Parsons the New School for Design competition. The brief was to transform leather off-cuts into cool retail worthy products for both home and office, and Jenny Hsu’s work nailed it. This competition marks the 3rd year in a row where Poltrona Frau, Italian manufacturer, has sponsored coursework at Parsons. Students had been given 7 weeks to design and develop prototype of their products.
Piqnique is an extension of your domestic dining experience for on-the-go situations, you don’t have to leave your eating rituals even though you are away from home. It keeps your silverware and napkin neatly in a leather holder, perfect for a picnic at the park. When unrolled, Piqnique also functions as a placemat, cool heh?
Visitors Who Read This Post Also Read
- Live Performance : Dining Should be Fun!
- Jenny : The Mother’s Baby Care Bed by Thiago Antonelli
- Tea.tanic Tea Bag Holder by Gordon Adler
- Eating Objects To Explore Food, Molecular Gastronomy and Eating Experiences
- Smart Holder : Carry All Those Cups of Tea At Once!
- Bog Standard : Toilet Seat Roll Holder by Henry Franks
- AC Bottle Holder by Alex Casabo
- Modular Dining Table by Anoop Joseph